MOTORBIKEMONGOLIA.COM Forum Index

MOTORBIKEMONGOLIA.COM
Arranging rides, finding travel companions and getting general informations for a motorbike journey in Mongolia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

14 day motorbike tour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MOTORBIKEMONGOLIA.COM Forum Index -> SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE
Previous topic :: Next topic  
mattg74

PostPosted: Sat 15 Jun - 15:27 (2013)    Post subject: 14 day motorbike tour Reply with quote

My girlfriend and I have just returned from 14 days on the bikes, seeing some of he most beautiful sights in Mongolia. It really was the adventure of a life time! We've been lucky enough to travel a lot. We've also ridden motorbikes through my home country, Australia, Europe, Morocco and parts of SE Asia and South America. This was by far the most adventurous trip we've been on and possibly my favourite to date.

Cheke was super helpful and friendly and nothing seemed to be a problem for her. We rented a tent, cooker etc and headed off on 2 bikes. We got lost leaving UB, but oddly enough didn't get too lost when we were out in the countryside. We had a paper map and GPS, but found it more useful to use the map and just ask for directions whenever we ran into a local.

We had a couple of minor hiccups. A flat tire on the second day, then a broken clutch cable a few days later. Fortunately, you can buy parts in all the villages and it seems as though all of the locals know how to fix these bikes. The bikes are small and easy to manage being 150cc and we were thankful that we were on light weight bikes when riding over some sandy rutted roads. Mongolian roads are terrible, so be prepared for a lot of off road riding. It all adds to the adventure though! I'm definately glad we took food and camping equipment as a few times we had to camp out as it generally took us much longer to get from town to town than we expected. The longest day was 130kms over 10 hours! That was the day with the broken clutch cable though.

I recommend taking camping equipment. Having a tent means that you can stop where you want and not stress about getting to the next town before the sun goes down. I'd recommend either camping near a nomads Ger, or in the forest where you can't be seen from the road. Drunken locals on motorbikes came to visit us one night. They were harmless, but very annoying. That aside 99% of people we met were hospitable and helpful. The scenery was amazing, I can't recommend travelling by motorcycle through Mongolia and Cheke highly enough.

Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 15 Jun - 15:27 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MOTORBIKEMONGOLIA.COM Forum Index -> SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation